Wednesday, December 1, 2010




I just returned from a wonderful walk with my faithful Corgi companion. The weather is cold
and blustery and makes me oh so happy to be alive. I wish I could capture this wonderful feeling and bottle it. Worrying about retirement or money for college for my quarter-of-a-dozen children would no longer be a concern as I'm sure this feeling is worth millions. I didn't take any pictures today, but these pictures from our drive back from Canada exemplify this wonderful feeling.

Funny how time flies! Sometimes I look at my life and wonder, "Where the heck did the time go?" In my head, I'm still a "kid" with my entire life before me. While in actuality, I'm a middle-age woman on the other side of 40. Ah, but in geological terms, I'm an infant with millions of years to go before I'm done.

My oldest has flown the coop and is off at college. It's been an interesting and sometimes painful transition from mom-in-charge of her life, to mom-hearing-about-her-life only what she wants to tell me. Hopefully, we've instilled enough of our values and common-sense that she will mostly make the right choices. Although sometimes, making the wrong choices can be a good thing (or at least a fun thing). It's been an interesting experience!

May your day be filled with blustery goodness!




No comments:

Post a Comment